Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 59

Today was very long. In the morning I shoveled more horse poop (it is endless), fed the animals, and learned how to mold the cheese so that it can be sold tomorrow at the farmer's market in the nearest city, Groningen. To mold the cheese I stuffed it into these various shaped cups that had little holes in them. (If cheese was squeezing out of the holes that meant it was compacted enough.) I would then run the cheese filled cup under hot water, and shake. I would shake and shake and shake for dear life. And 57 cheese molds later, my arms were ready to fall off. I thought I could have started crying at any moment, I don't know why. I think I'm just still adjusting to work life/farm life/dutch life here, and adjusting periods are always the toughest for me. But on the upswing, I learned how to chop wood today and that was thrilling, not to mention very difficult after shaking all those cups of cheese. It took a long time, but eventually I slit the wood right down the middle. I'm a warrior goddess!



No comments:

Post a Comment