Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 45

With weak thighs and mosquito bitten feet, yesterday we hiked to Shivapuri Peak, the tallest mountain in the Kathmandu Valley, and gazed upon the rapidly changing city. Though it was a difficult 3,000 ft. gain, my body felt enlivened and my soul fed by the massive trees and the rolling trails. Step after step, my spirit breathed in the deliciously fresh oxygen as the wind was blowing through my leg hair (I haven't shaved since we got here, haha!!). It was so beautiful!!! And it's truly miraculous what a small dose of mother nature's creations can do for the heart, or my heart anyway. After the trek we stopped in the neighborhood at the base of the trail to have a snack of fresh samosas and banana lassis. Then we meandered our way to Budanilkantha Temple, which is famous for its statue of Vishnu laying atop a pool of water. The statue was covered in bright malas and offerings, it was so awesome!!
On another note, today I got back a letter that I wrote to a very nervous self from the Hong Kong Airport on September 9, 2012:

To a beautifully strong warrior goddess, the only person I'd ever want to be,
You have done an incredible thing. You took your life into your own hands and made a change. It was a scary change, farther out of your comfort zone than ever before. How admirable! It takes so much strength and courage to do what you've done. Don't ever forget that incredible strength that resides in you. Your beautiful community supports you endlessly, and they know you are capable of anything, so know that for yourself! Don't let anyone make you forget that! Don't let anyone make you feel small! You are divine and complete just the way you are!!! You are beautiful and awesome and you have so much enchanting adventure ahead of you! Follow your path, fine peace and joy in every moment. Take every opportunity that comes your way. Stay positive and stay strong. Be you, make yourself proud! Even though I already am so infinitely proud. LECH LECHA!!!
Em

This made me feel so good! I feel so radiant and beautiful!!! I am discovering the Wild Woman of my soul and she is becoming stronger and more full of love and happiness by the day!
As Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes says in her book, Women Who Run With The Wolves, "The great miracle of individuation and reclamation of the Wild Woman is that we all begin the process before we are ready, before we are strong enough, before we know enough; we begin a dialogue with thoughts and feelings that both tickle and thunder within us. We respond before we know how to speak the language, before we know all the answers, and before we know exactly to whom we are speaking. But like the wolf mother teaching her pups to hunt and take care, this is the way Wild Woman wells up through us. We begin to speak in her voice, taking on her vision and her values. She teaches us to send out the message of our return to those who are like us... It is into this world that women come in order to claim their own voices, their own values, their imaginations, their clairvoyance, their clear seeing, their stories, and their ancient memories of women."
(TO ALL WOMEN I KNOW- I'm on the verge of finishing he most beautiful, empowering book I have ever read. Women Who Run With The Wolves reminds us of the instinctually passionate, creative, generous, fierce nature of women and I can't emphasize enough that you ought to read this book. Hey, boys can read it too and begin to understand the psyche of the life-givers on this planet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment